Monday, July 31, 2006

Black Forest

I walked up the moutain "Feldberg" and this is the view I saw... Much easier if you don't have to climb it yourself...




one morning I woke up at 5am. I decided to get up and watch the sunrise and take some pictures. I drove up a mountain called "Feldberg". The sun was already there but I couldn't find a spot to take pictures from. So I drove like a race driver to get to find a spot where I could take a nice picture before the sun would be up. It was an adventure. I found this path through the forest that would probably lead me to the edge of the mountain, but it was not allowed to drive on it. I did anyway, cause a photographer by heart will risk his life more than once to get a good shot :-) Well, I drove this path and almost hit a huge deer that ran across just before my car (I always wondered why deer are so dumn). When I couldn't drive any further, I parked the car in the middle of the path and ran the last part of the way till I came to the edge where the sun was still climbing up its way across the sky. Fortunately the deer did not come back. But I made contact with some other animals that were not very friendly. I climbed up a little mountain to get the best view and was just shooting away when I noticed something crawling up on my leg.... I looked down and saw many huge red killer aunts crawling up my legs.... so I did a little dance, took off my sandals and did beat them on the tree next to me to get rid of this little monsters. I made it and somehow got back down the slippery mountain in my sandals, ran back to my car and drove back to the street, a little anxious someone would catch me on the forbidden path. Back on the street again I stopped to breathe and take a look at my pictures when something bit me in my leg.... so I did a little dance again until the aunt that was caught underneath my jeans got out.... what an adventurous start of a day!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean and I have been on Feldberg also. We walked on the way!!! We have some good photos too, but not at sunrise. I think it is a very important place in the Schwartzwald.
Lorin

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey what an awesome way to start the day (minus the ants). I love the fact that you are such a rebel and a rule breaker! anyway that was a great picture.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Tamatha said...

Wow! What an amazing photo! Did you ever drive like that with my car?lol

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home