Friday, September 22, 2006

I am back...

Hey friends,

sorry you haven't heard from me in a while. I had some trouble with my laptop and the internet connection....

so just a little update what's going on right now:

We are in the middle of harvest time: picking apples, delivering grocery stores, selling apples at the market, overseeing 8 workers from Poland and Romania, cooking for 13 people every day... I am getting a little tired :-)

This week I was also working at a photo studio in the afternoons. Just to check out what a photographer does all day and to learn more about photography. There I met a photographer who actually lives in my little village. I didn't even know him cause he moved here a little while ago. He just lives 2 houses away from me. He is italian and he will show me some stuff. I am really excited about it. I am especially excited to learn more about photoshop, a program to work with digital pictures. My sister also got me a book for my birthday about digital photography.

Yesterday my aunt from Chicago came for a visit with her husband and son. They will stay 3 weeks and travel around a bit. Unfortunately we don't really have a lot of time right now to travel with them. But they have othere relatives they will visit as well.

I started to make efforts to get more in shape. I am working out to strengthen the muscles in my back and shoulders. I also joined this class that does Nordic Walking. This is fast walking with sticks (like you use for skiing). If you do it right it works out your muscles in your shoulders really well.

We had 3 little hedgehogs in our care for a few days. A friend of us found them. They lost their mom and were only about 2 weeks old. So we took care of them for a while. But they were not doing well, loosing weight and needed more professional care cause they are still so little. They need to be fed 8 times a day and 3 times at night and you have to rub their belly so they can go to the bathroom... very funny. We gave them to a hedgehog station and they will give them back to us in a few weeks when they are a little stronger. I attached some pictures for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, i aint see no stinkin' hedgehog pictures. i want to see some stinkin' hedgehog pictures.

i don't think i've ever seen one.

you're hecka pretty. we should date.

dina

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home