Friday, May 19, 2006

good bye letter to my friends in California

Dear friends and family,

This is going to be my last letter as a Intercessory Missionary from RHOP…

You might have heard this already, I will go back to Germany this June. My visa is running out and as I was seeking God what to do, I didn’t feel it was His will for me to apply for another visa to extend my stay here. This means that I will be flying back June 6 (if God does not show up in the last minute and tells me to stay, which I would be very happy about :-)).

What really matters most to me is to be exactly where God wants me to be. I want to follow Him where ever He may lead me and I know His ways are perfect. I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit who is my friend and helper all along the way on my journey. He is always there to help me and light the way for me.

My time here in Roseville has been awesome. I feel like I’ve grown so much deeper and higher in God. The more I get to know God the more I realize that I really know so little. What I learned here about the Bridal Paradigm had and still has a deep impact on my life. I now know Jesus as my Bridegroom who is deeply in love with me and enjoys me even in my weakness. I have been part of a group that is studying about the end times. I still know very little about this but I know we live in an urgent hour of history and we need to study God’s heart and word about the end of the age. I also got to be part of a house church and totally love this way to “be” church.
I am excited to share, teach and impart what I have learned here back in Germany.

I am not totally sure what God wants me to do when I get back. My parents are the leaders of a church and they offered me to go on staff there (leading worship, doing counselling, discipling teenagers and youth, helping with administration). I trust the Holy Spirit to lead me to the right place.

As I am writing this letter I am reminded about how blessed I am to have a family here in Roseville, as well as one in Germany.
Words often fall short of what I try to say but I want to try anyways…..
I am so thankful to have been able to walk a part of my journey together with you. It’s been so great getting to know you and pursuing God together with you.
I wanted to thank everyone of you that has made my life richer through your friendship and love. Having friends makes all the difference in the world and being far away from home doesn’t seem so far anymore if you have a friend at your side.

Thanks to everyone who poured into my life through a warm hug, an encouraging word, through financial support, inviting me for dinner, helping me in practical ways………
I could have never done it without you!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! You have been Jesus to me in so many ways!!
Thinking about saying goodbye makes me really sad and I will miss all of you!!! So I am trying to remind myself that even if I won’t see all of you again in the next few decades, we will worship and hang out for all eternity, which is definitely something to look forward to and be excited about!

So this is not a good bye, it’s just a “see you later”.

Much love,
Tabea

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tabea, it's chris (christen :) i love your blog site! ...i think you should put more of your pics in here!~ (when you get more time! like you ever do!! :)..you are such an amazing photographer!!!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tabea! This is Lorin. You have a great looking blog site and you have started it off nicely with a touch of history and a glance toward the future. Thank you for spending time with us just before leaving. You didn't have to do that, but I am glad that you did. And thank you for sharing your life with us. You have been inspiring (and challenging at times) to us and many others. Our lives have been enriched greatly by you. It is now time for you to live up to your name and skip over some mountains again, but we will not forget our good times together. Hopefully we will see you soon in Deutschland, and only God knows wherever else. Super Blessings!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tabea!
Micha und ich haben gerade zum ersten Mal Deine Homepage besucht. Sie ist echt cool. Wir freuen uns schon riesig, wenn wir Dich am Mittwoch vom Flughafen in Frankfurt abholen können. Für Deine letzten Tage in Californien wünschen wir Dir noch viel Spaß und alles Gute.
Also wir sehen uns am Mittwoch *grinsilidididi*

Deine Sarah mit Micha

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home